"There's not much doubt in any of our minds that no complete idea springs fully formed from our brow,
needing only a handshake and a signature on the contract to send it off into the world to make twenty-five billion dollars.
The germ of the idea grows slowly..." - Walt Kelly

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

It's a trap!

Day Two: Write a poem that tells a lie.

I'm planning a vacation.
It will be something exotic,
something potentially life-changing.
The kind of unbelievable experience
you end up creating a Flickr account for.
I think it will be a trip to Mars.
I'm definitely going to invite you
since we're still such close friends.
It all might sound a bit far-fetched,
or perhaps you are wondering
about the depth of my sanity.
You might be right to do so
but above all else, you should know
that I am being honest with you.
_________________________________________________

Playing on my iTunes at this very moment:
Nine Inch Nails, Only

No comments:

Post a Comment