"There's not much doubt in any of our minds that no complete idea springs fully formed from our brow,
needing only a handshake and a signature on the contract to send it off into the world to make twenty-five billion dollars.
The germ of the idea grows slowly..." - Walt Kelly

Friday, April 15, 2022

Don't read into it

Day 15. I'm still alive, just very tired. Back and off prompt with a wacky one this Friday. 
_________________________________________________

Here is my favorite
patch of grass. 
It is fuller than
the rest of my lawn
and therefore
more deserving
of affection. 
I try
as hard as I can, 
look for
new ideas everywhere
to whip 
the rest of the yard
into shape - 
I feed it, 
water it, 
make sure it gets sun
(but not too much), 
try all
the latest chemicals, 
read to it, 
sing to it, 
tell it that
it is important
and loved, 
but still, 
I wind up 
just taking 
out the trash
myself, 
every fucking week. 

Maybe this
isn't about my lawn 
after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment