"There's not much doubt in any of our minds that no complete idea springs fully formed from our brow,
needing only a handshake and a signature on the contract to send it off into the world to make twenty-five billion dollars.
The germ of the idea grows slowly..." - Walt Kelly

Monday, April 30, 2012

Ah, memories

Day 30: The last NaPoWriMo poem for 2012...Today's prompt is to incorporate at least three "I remember" statements into the poem.


I remember
when I held on to it,
reaching to a faint hope
far past its expiration,
dreams locked in cages
and epitomized
in the mud-darkened
puddles beneath my tires.

I remember
the rattle of broken parts
after it hit the ground
in a shower of frustration,
the only move that could
be made, a protest and
a solemn reminder
of where the time had gone.

I remember
the first time the storm
put me to sleep instead
of keeping me awake.
_________________________________________________

Playing on my iTunes at this very moment:
Yuck, Holing Out

No comments:

Post a Comment