"There's not much doubt in any of our minds that no complete idea springs fully formed from our brow,
needing only a handshake and a signature on the contract to send it off into the world to make twenty-five billion dollars.
The germ of the idea grows slowly..." - Walt Kelly

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Parade day rain

 
The purplish sunset bleeds gray
Wired to blow
At the slightest touch of our
Beloved watchmaker

Then the rain falls
Each drop
Distinctly New York City colored
And tethered to the flood

Then the tide rolls in
Sweeps down fifth ave
Men watch until
They're forced to skitter to cover

Then they pile on
Ships bound for the heavens
It's been called off
But I'd rather feel the earth
Beneath my feet
_________________________________________________

Playing on my iTunes at this very moment:
Kayne (feat. Kweli and Common), Get Em High

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I like the end minus the last couplet. I sort of like the idea of ending it with the simple idea of, "it's been called off."

    When in Rome though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno about that...seems a little too abrupt to me. But I appreciate the feedback all the same.

    That expression doesn't really apply here.

    ReplyDelete