"There's not much doubt in any of our minds that no complete idea springs fully formed from our brow,
needing only a handshake and a signature on the contract to send it off into the world to make twenty-five billion dollars.
The germ of the idea grows slowly..." - Walt Kelly

Friday, February 24, 2012

Justified

 
It starts as nothing,
as all things do,
but it's not long
before it's crumbling
up my spine;
taking up residence
in my guts;
undermining the strength
inherent in my chest;
and cascading in loops
around my throat.
Never, though,
does it reach my head.
Nor does it tumble
the core of my brain.
Nothing may undo
what is already undone -
scattered and tossed,
hapless and joyful -
by one thought,
and one thought only.
_________________________________________________

Playing on my iTunes at this very moment:
Well, it's not on my iTunes yet, but - TalkWithYourFingers, Everlong (Piano Cover)

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment