"There's not much doubt in any of our minds that no complete idea springs fully formed from our brow,
needing only a handshake and a signature on the contract to send it off into the world to make twenty-five billion dollars.
The germ of the idea grows slowly..." - Walt Kelly

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

If I were to change my name

 
It would read something
like "The Beggar King,"
and it would be written
at the start of our new
war.

It would be the war that
never happened, and we
would carry on and spill
our varied drinks upon our
finery.

In that moment, if we could
celebrate my new poverty
and all of your bright glory,
it would satisfy my greatest
wish.

At the short fence, we will
meekly reach hands to grip
tethered hearts, and we will
stare from afar at my lost
riches.
_________________________________________________

Playing on my iTunes at this very moment:
TV On The Radio, Shout Me Out

2 comments: