"There's not much doubt in any of our minds that no complete idea springs fully formed from our brow,
needing only a handshake and a signature on the contract to send it off into the world to make twenty-five billion dollars.
The germ of the idea grows slowly..." - Walt Kelly

Monday, August 22, 2011

Build it yourself

 
We passed but once,
eyes buried in the grated landscape
sprinkled heartily around us.
Did you see a reflection of yourself?
I saw mine.
I liked parts of what it showed me
and sent others back for revision,
the benefit of keeping all my eggs
in different baskets
and burning my faith in the imaginary
long before you learned to ask questions.
_________________________________________________

Playing on my iTunes at this very moment:
The Tallest Man On Earth, Graceland

No comments:

Post a Comment